The general steps are as follows:
- Get the embed URL for the video/audio
- Paste the URL into the page we want to put the audio/video on, and maybe modify it a little
1. Getting the embed code
You need the URL of the page where the video is kept
We are using Sri Chinmoy TV site as an example. Go to the page for the audio/video you want to embed and press the Embed button below the video – this will open up the vimeo url which you can copy
2. Pasting the embed URL into your page
a) Now go to the edit page that you want to want to embed the video in. (Tip: it is a good idea to have some of the rest of the page written before you decide to add videos)
b) Click inside the text editor where you want the video to go and paste in the URL (If you want you can use Ctrl +V (or Command + V on macs) to paste your embed URL.
For meditation sites, the video should appear in the editor. For Centre and Races sites – in the text editor, you will only see the code, but once you save the page you will see the video.
For Centre and Races sites, you can add caption using a shortcode. On full width pages, you can also float the images to the right. This is an example of right-floated video with a caption:[video url=”Your vimeo url here” caption=”Your caption here” class=”right”]
3. Add acknowledgement to the host site
As part of the license under which the videos are made available to the public, you should credit the host site (eg Sri Chinmoy TV) every time you embed a video. You can do this by adding a link to the page where you got the video from, or to the main site. Here are some ways to do that:
- Add a link at the bottom of the page – something like: Video source: Sri Chinmoy TV
- A visitor might want to know where to download the video/audio track you embedded, so you can suggest that as part of your page 🙂
Important: For Vimeo videos, we add the link to Sri Chinmoy TV (or the primary site where the videos are embedded) and not the Vimeo page.
4. Importing and embedding files of your own
In general, we would love people to first add any content to Radio Sri Chinmoy or Sri Chinmoy TV, so that lots of people can see/hear it. Contact Tejvan or Nirbhasa on how to make that happen.