The general steps are as follows:
- Get the embed URL for the video
- Paste the URL into the page we want to put the video on, and maybe modify it a little
1. Getting the embed code
- For Vimeo/youtube – the url of the video page is enough. Or you can copy the URL from the ‘share’ button
- To use a video on Sri Chinmoy TV: go to the video page press the Embed button below the video. this will open up the vimeo url which you can copy
2. Pasting the embed URL into your page
- go to the edit page that you want to want to embed the video in. (Tip: it is a good idea to have some of the rest of the page written before you decide to add videos)
- Click inside the text editor where you want the video to go and paste in the URL (If you want you can use Ctrl +V (or Command + V on macs) to paste your embed URL.
- For meditation sites, the video should automatically appear. For Centre and Races sites, you will only see the URL in the text editor, but once you save the page you will see the video.
- For Centre and Races sites, you can also add a caption using a ‘shortcode’. On full width pages, you can also float the images to the right. This is an example of right-floated video with a caption:[video url=”Your vimeo url here” caption=”Your caption here” class=”right”]
- Sri Chinmoy TV videos: As part of the license under which the videos are made available to the public, you should credit Sri Chinmoy TV every time you embed a video. You can do this by adding a link to the page where you got the video from. For example, you could a link at the bottom of the page – something like: Video source: Sri Chinmoy TV Important: For Vimeo videos, we add the link to Sri Chinmoy TV (or the primary site where the videos are embedded) and not the Vimeo page.
4. Importing and embedding files of your own
In general, we would love people to first add any content to Radio Sri Chinmoy or Sri Chinmoy TV, so that lots of people can see/hear it. Contact Tejvan or Nirbhasa on how to make that happen.