You can add a list of books that people might be interested in buying.
How to add a book
- There is a ‘create books’ link on the grey bar
- Note – check if this book is also available on other country sites. If so, it is probably better to just ask us to also add to your country, and give us the how-to-buy information.
- It is very important to specify the author!! This can be done in the ‘authoring options’
- When adding, you can use the ‘teaser’ break to specify content to be added to the right hand side panel (i.e the where to buy information)
- When you add images, the first image is the book cover. Other images will be shown as a slideshow gallery.
- Specify category – not so useful now, but will be useful in future, when we show books on related pages
Where are the books shown?
- Via the /books page. This page lists all books that are assigned to a country, separating those authored by Sri Chinmoy from those by his students
- A book listing, displayed via shortcode – this allows book listing to be placed on front page and other relevant pages
Displaying books via shortcode
The basic shortcode has this form: [books]. The following options are available
- title, description, limit, morelink, moretext, section_id – these are described in the news/stories listing page
- author – Display content by a particular author. Right now this is mainly used to show books written by Sri Chinmoy: author=”Sri Chinmoy”
- authornot – Display content by a particular author. Right now this mainly used to show books not written by Sri Chinmoy (ie by his students) i.e authornot=”Sri Chinmoy”