Using listings, you can display:
- Display latest news items for your country, or worldwide
- Stories and videos by members, either from your country or worldwide.
Listings of news, stories, videos be added using shortcodes, which is basically some text inside square brackets which specify what kind of thing should be added. For those unfamiliar with shortcodes, you can first read over this page here. The main thing – if you are not sure, or run into trouble, ask us!
- [news] Displays news items, date first
- [stories] Stories will also include videos by default. To limit the listing to stories only, you should include a type option: [stories type=”stories”]
- [videos] A listing of videos only
By default, the listings will only display content related to the country it was created in, unless overriden in the options below. For stories and videos, the ‘country’ is the country the members come from – this means that story and video listing may also pull in content from member sites, as long as the member comes from the country.
- title – the title of the listing: eg Latest News
- description – a subheading for the listing
- limit – the number of items in the listing
- morelink – after the description, a link to another page
- section_id – this adds a CSS id, which is good for internal ‘anchor’ linking within a page
- moretext – The text of the link. If morelink is specified and moretext is not, then ‘read more’ is displayed by default
- tid – the category of the listing. This allows you to display stories only of a particular type. The following options are available:
- class – By default, the items will be listed in a 2-wide table. However they can be displayed in a compact carousel form, in 4 different styles: carousel, carousel-fullimage, carousel-description, carousel-strip.
- display – Right now this is mainly used for the world map listing of stories
- includefeatured – this is a special option for news items, to also allow you to include recently created stories and videos for that country.
- order – If this option is not specified, then news items will automatically be displayed newest first, and stories and videos will randomly display featured items.
For example, to show latest stories and videos [stories order=”date”]
To show random news items [news order=”random”]
- featured – Some content on the site is marked as featured – by default, only the featured will appear in worldwide listings. You can add featured=”0″ to override this.
- excludeprevious – By default, an item will be excluded from listings if it already appeared further up the page, you can add excludeprevious=”0″ to override this
- exclude_nids – Exclude a particular page or group of pages from listings by specifying their node id