From March 2016, all articles, results and race reports get added using the same ‘Results/race reports/articles’ edit form, which is accessible from the top grey bar. This is not as big a change as it sounds:
- If a page is assigned to an event and given a past date, it appears in the previous results for that event, just like the old race result/report page
- If a page is assigned a category, it behaves just like the old article pages.
- As before, a page can be assigned to both an event and a category.
You need to assign the page to an event and/or a category so it can be easily reachable.
Assigning to event
- You can upload pdf’s in the upload result field
- You can convert result table to HTML and paste into the ‘Body’ section
- Opening slideshow: You can add up to 10 images in a slideshow. It is important that these images be landscape so they can be cropped to fit the slideshow.
- Link to gallery: once you add images to the Races gallery, you can place a link here that people can follow
What about other content related a particular race?
When should I assign a category?
In contrast, a single article can be seen in many different places on the site. For example, a page attached to an event AND given a category will appear in the ‘Results’ listing of the event they are assigned to, but they will also appear in the category page for the category they are listed under. For example an article tagged Latest News will appear in the News (/news) section of the site, and articles tagged Race stories will also appear in the ‘Race stories’ (/stories) page. More about categories »
So in deciding whether to categorise or not, you should be thinking about what you want your category page to look like and whether your page is a good fit there.
In addition – if your article is good enough we might be able to feature it across all our websites. We are on the lookout for good articles. Ideas for articles »