- This page is just for simple pages that don’t use the page builder (or divi builder). If you would like to use the builder, press here
- note that wordpress is updating all the time, so the images may not be 100% similar to the ones below.
There are 2 types of content in your site
- Pages: These are the important pages that form the backbone of your site – front page, About, classes etc. When you get a new site, it consists of 5 or 6 empty pages that need to be filled in.
- Posts: These will be used for articles on meditation topics that users will be interested in. Articles can be grouped by category, and the most recent ones are usually displayed on the front page and other prominent areas of the site.
Edit the existing page or post
Seeing as there are some empty pages that need editing with every new meditation site, this is what you probably will be doing first
- The easiest way is to log in, visit the page, and press the Edit button in the black bar at the top
- You will then go to the edit page. If it is a simple page, it will have a simple text area with MS word-like buttons where you can add text.
- If you see a page that is structured a bit like a brick will, it uses the page builder – click here to see how to edit it. You can always disable the page builder if needed
Adding a new post or page
To add posts and pages, there are 2 ways:
- From the Dashboard: Hover over ‘Posts’ or ‘Pages’ and then click on ‘Add new’
- On the top black bar, hover over ‘+ New’, and then click on ‘Post’ or ‘Page’
Adding images to pages
Click in the area you want to add the image and press the ‘Add media’ button
1. Click on ‘Add media’ button top left of visual editor. If you don’t see that button, contact administrator.
2. Then click on upload file (top left). Choose a file from your computer. (You can also drag a photo straight into the window)
3. When the file is uploaded, you can click on button ‘insert into post’.
Before you do that, choose ‘None’ for link to, check if you want image to align left or right (you can always change this later)
Using correct image size
- Reduce the image in size before uploading. Try to keep under 100kb See: How to reduce size of image
- Don’t upload direct from digital camera, which could be many MB and take ages to load. See here for tips on uploading from. How to add images to pages on the site
- Make sure images don’t breach copyright permissions.
- Highlight text and press on the ‘Add link’ button
- A popup will appear. You can put in the URL of an external site, or search for the title of an existing page on your own site.
- Don’t forget to press the apply button to apply the link.
Adding images and video
Very simply – you can embed from Radio Sri Chinmoy or Sri Chinmoy TV by: